Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update: Day 71 - "I'm outta here"

Hello everybody!!!

Yes, it's true!! I got home last Thursday (November 11), but I am keeping a low profile right now. I'm walking, but it will be several months before the GBS works it's way down my lower legs and left hand. My feet are about 50% numb, but the burning pins and needles throughout both feet indicate that the nerves are still live and will slowly regenerate, at least that's what the prognosis is from the neurologists that were treating me at the hospital. If things continue the way they have been going, I hope that this will all be cleared up by next summer, if I'm lucky.

I want to thank all of you for keeping tabs on me and Belinda throughout this unfortunate ordeal. I can only hope this is the last thing in a long list.... oops, I am reminded that I better knock on wood at this point. I am a very lucky man!!! I'll post again in a few days with some recent photos. Now that I'm home, I can be reached at our home phone, 916-682-1400, or by cell phone, 916-690-7971, or by e-mail at kneehole_1@yahoo.com.

Thanks again everyone for all your love and support.

Kneehole (Neal H.).

No comments:

Post a Comment