Sunday, January 29, 2012

from Micheline

Hi Neal -

You probably don't remember that Lee and I were there that first weekend you were in the hospital when everyone was trying to figure out what was going on.  Now we know.  I have read a lot about GBS and truly believe you will recover from this dreadful ordeal, and I hope you have been reassured that, in time, your life will return to normal.

You need to know that your brothers have been absolutely amazing and have stepped in to help out in every way they can, and have been so reassuring and supportive for Belinda.  And Nanette has been so incredible with her supportive messages and words of comfort.  You need to be reassured that while you’re recuperating Belinda is not “alone,” and they’re all there for her and you.

And Belinda … I only met her that one time at your Dad’s house after he passed away and I wasn’t able to get to know her.  But since you have been in the hospital she and I have developed a close friendship - speaking a few times per week on the phone, and I can see why you fell in love with this beautiful lady.  She is an absolute Angel and I have a great respect for her.

Lee and I are driving up Friday night and will see you this weekend.  We’ll make sure Belinda is taken care of and will do whatever needs to be done around the house. 

Until then … remain positive and focused.  One day this will all be a bad dream.

Love,
Micheline

No comments:

Post a Comment